• Growing capsicum in polyhouse - my experience 5 12
Currently:  

Author Topic: Growing capsicum in polyhouse - my experience  (Read 71850 times)

Online amansohaney

• FarmNest Veteran
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Received: 60
    • Farmer
    • Aaradhya Agro
Re: Growing capsicum in polyhouse - my experience
« Reply #525 on: January 24, 2014, 10:40:51 PM »
Hello Viks and everyone

i read and followed that for every plant 4 threads are required.

I am little confused with the tying method though, all the polyester wire get curled together then what is the use of maintaining four for each ? why don't we go for a single thread.
i might be wrong, but i really don't see the point.

could anyone share a Video of their support system, specially the tying method you use and reasons.
my plants are in coming up to this stage.

And VIKS
yep i got the thread from a vendor, the sample that you sent did the job.

thanks man.
please guide on the above issue.

thank you

Offline vertical

• FarmNest Senior
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Received: 120
    • Farmer
    • EC Greens.
« Reply #526 on: January 25, 2014, 10:49:40 AM »
Vikas can you explain more on the duty draw back when u find time .

Regards
Goutham
Self sustainable Green production is the Moto

Offline Viks

• FarmNest Hero
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 70
  • -Received: 624
    • Farmer
    • The Capsicum Factory
« Reply #527 on: January 25, 2014, 08:00:57 PM »
hey Aman,

DONT JUST READ AND FOLLOW :p

its a individuals way of working. the strings i had sent have like 1 TPI (Twist per inch) so they dont curl when cut in short lengths and ties. are you using string which have a lot of twists ?
curling problem will always be there when the TPI is more, and/or when the filament is not heat set.

4 per plants is my personal choice. 1 is for the first support, next 2-3 are for the shoots i maintain. initially i maintain 4 shoots, which later are reduced to 2. so i need a minimum of 4 strings to maintain proper density and avoid congestion. and Aman, when the plants are like 8 feet tall and more, it becomes difficult to maintain the shoot on a single string. there are shoots which develop in between. so we need to have a proper space for air movement, sun light exposure, proper spraying of pesticides etc.
single thread would make the whole plant gather in one single spot.

its again an individuals choice and method aman. if you find it better with a single string, you can do that. but remember that the plants will become monsters even before you know it.

video for the support system, thats going to be a pain. but give me some time. will be starting the support for the indra site in a days time or so.

Vivek

Offline Viks

• FarmNest Hero
  • Thank You
    • Farmer
    • The Capsicum Factory
« Reply #528 on: January 25, 2014, 08:06:51 PM »
Aman, about pinching.. some people call it Punching here.. cracks me up :p

ok.. i have avoided punching :p hell lot of viral problems still here.

attaching a picture of a pinched plant from my very first plantation. i had left 2 pair of leaves and chopped the rest.

take a good contact + systematic fungicide spray while the pinching is being done to avoid viral or fungal problems, as there are very high chances of the plant getting infected via the wounds.

rest, the plants look beautiful. keep posting more pictures..

Vivek

Offline Viks

• FarmNest Hero
  • Thank You
    • Farmer
    • The Capsicum Factory
« Reply #529 on: January 25, 2014, 08:11:14 PM »
not telling till you get the name right  >:(

Prashant visited me lately, kept calling me Goutham, and the tooth fairy gave him a surprise visit :D

Online amansohaney

• FarmNest Veteran
  • Thank You
    • Farmer
    • Aaradhya Agro
« Reply #530 on: January 25, 2014, 09:33:23 PM »

attaching a picture of a pinched plant from my very first plantation. i had left 2 pair of leaves and chopped the rest.

take a good contact + systematic fungicide spray while the pinching is being done to avoid viral or fungal problems, as there are very high chances of the plant getting infected via the wounds.

Vivek

Hello Viks
thanks for the insight, i really didn't check the TPI of the coil but i hope it works.

topping of the plants was done today, attaching pictures.

Aman

Online amansohaney

• FarmNest Veteran
  • Thank You
    • Farmer
    • Aaradhya Agro
« Reply #531 on: January 25, 2014, 09:50:24 PM »
Dear moderator

I have checked with my computer thrice and the photos are in perfect vertical position but when i post them here they tend to turn anti-clockwise.

please help

Aman

[Mod Note: I downloaded your pics, turned them straight and uploaded back - seem to be showing up right - Chandra]

Offline ak

• FarmNest Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 68
  • -Received: 39
    • Farm Enthusiast
« Reply #532 on: January 25, 2014, 10:20:23 PM »

Vivek
hi Viks   good evening-- havent interacted with u for a long time-- in your pic u had shown  that u had pinched the plant  at the top---- wont this induce too many branches?   how many branches per plant is ideal according to you

Offline ak

• FarmNest Member
  • Thank You
    • Farm Enthusiast
« Reply #533 on: January 25, 2014, 10:30:01 PM »
hello Aman    good work   the plants look healthy......  in the pic the spacing bet plants seems to be small. will this spacing be sufficient for plant growth?    what is the spacing u have  given between plants and between rows?

Online amansohaney

• FarmNest Veteran
  • Thank You
    • Farmer
    • Aaradhya Agro
« Reply #534 on: January 25, 2014, 11:08:55 PM »
hello Aman    good work   the plants look healthy......  in the pic the spacing bet plants seems to be small. will this spacing be sufficient for plant growth?    what is the spacing u have  given between plants and between rows?

Hello Ak

i have kept the plant - plant distance 40cm and row to row distance 45-50cm .

what problems are you hinting at ?
what spacing do you suggest ?

i know few people who have plant-plant 1 feet distance.

Aman

Offline vertical

• FarmNest Senior
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Received: 120
    • Farmer
    • EC Greens.
« Reply #535 on: January 26, 2014, 12:54:07 AM »
Mistake :

name corrected to Vivek :)

Have few questions ,Would be great if you find time to answer them

1.Would be great if you could explain more on Duty Draw back
2. Will the Subsidy policy comply with the Materials used for your low cost  structure? I was told that there is a rigid policy in place for structure and materials used for the same to avail the subsidy.
3. Your post on 40th day plant growth is on sep 7 th 2013  and see the pictures with Flowers well formed and your post on sep 22nd says 45 days old plant with Fruits. (Page Number 3 and 4 of your thread)

Little confusing :(

Regards
Goutham
Self sustainable Green production is the Moto

Offline ak

• FarmNest Member
  • Thank You
    • Farm Enthusiast
« Reply #536 on: January 26, 2014, 06:26:44 AM »
Hello Ak

i have kept the plant - plant distance 40cm and row to row distance 45-50cm .

what problems are you hinting at ?
what spacing do you suggest ?

i know few people who have plant-plant 1 feet distance.

Aman
hi aman good morning----just i was thinking---  if u allow even 4  or 6 branches per plant  --the plant may not be having enough space to utilise sunlight and there will be poor air circulation resulting in disease incidence etc...-----i thought that  2 branches per plant might utilise  this spacing  properly.
 i have no practical experience in capsicum . viks and yourself will be in better position to analyse  and decide.
please correct me if i am wrong.

Offline Viks

• FarmNest Hero
  • Thank You
    • Farmer
    • The Capsicum Factory
« Reply #537 on: January 27, 2014, 08:08:23 PM »
good evening Mr.Ak,
yeah.. pretty long time indeed.. hows it with you? how is the net house work and the plants? plz do update.

i had pinched the plants on top, not the first set of branches.
top pinching, then Ammonia, then Nitrogen = quick development of new shoots.
next i get about 3-4 new shoots, from which i select my favourites. how many to keep, this totally is my choice.
i had pinched the plants in my very first plantation. those times were different, no one had ever experienced Viral attacks that time.
the second plantation turned out bad as the viral infestation was heavy in our region, and i didnt know how it spreads and what it is. so lost about 20% plants to the infestation.

since then, i have never pinched the plants. i had changed my strategy then.

for my current Palladin, i have 2 main shoots, which further support 4 shoots. as shared, i have had major fungal attack, about 10-15% plants were heavily infected and the production and quality was getting affected. so i was paying more attention to the hygiene around the infected zones, got the infected leaves all removed, and kept 2 main shoots on the infected plants and around.
so about 10-15% of my plants now have 2 shoots, rest all have 4 shoots which i will continue to keep until i notice problem in the quality or production.

for Indra, i have 3 main shoots. so thats like 50% more. plus Mr.Ak, the plants naturally have so much power in them in the initial stage that i do not feel like pinching and training 2-3 shoots.
i keep the plants natural potential till the second set of fruits are completely harvested. then i start pushing the plants, then once the peak point is reached, and the plants start to loose their capacity, i keep only the strong and good shoots and trim the rest.

i think i said the same thing again and again, but thats what i follow.
the plant itself will tell you what to do. i just keep a close watch on the produce, and i'll know when the fruit quality is going down. then i try to increase the fertigation doze, add cultures, and the final step is to remove the weak shoots.

Vivek

Offline Viks

• FarmNest Hero
  • Thank You
    • Farmer
    • The Capsicum Factory
« Reply #538 on: January 27, 2014, 08:30:19 PM »
Hey Goutham,
duty draw back is pretty simple.

if anyone exports anything, they get duty draw back (type of subsidy on the duty on the product you are importing)
this is a continuous process and the documentation and filing is done regularly as and when any transaction is made (import/export)

the duty structure varies from product to product.
as iron is a commodity, government has a taxation system in place to keep the price in level as compared to the sources internationally. say if iron in Australia  is $ .4 /kg, and iron in india is $1, so everyone will start importing iron from Australia obviously. so to match the price and depending on the transactions, the government will have a excise/duty/tax etc.
now the second question is how do i earn the points? its simple, i export something, i get points. so i redeem them for anything i want to import.

its a bit more complicated, and involves a lot of paper work. if i feel comfortable, i will upload the paperwork so you can relate.

second, the subsidy part. subsidy involves the Government body and the bank.
subsidy amount will be released based on the banks appraisal. the bank initially will decide this based on your project report.
so there is absolutely no problem if i make a tunnel house or a polyhouse or a shadenet house.
Goutham, all the bills, the actual work etc is verified by the bank, the subsidy body, and it involves a lot of financial aspects which are self declared by the grower.
if what my project report says is true and matches with the actual work, bills etc there is NO problem in the subsidy part.
incase there is a discrepancy, obviously my project will be rejected.

i didnt get the 3rd question. if you are asking about the date i posted and the date of the plant life, then there is no relation. i might have posted something as and when i thought about sharing it.
i might be wrong as i am not getting the question, can you plz be a bit lucid ?

Vivek

Offline Viks

• FarmNest Hero
  • Thank You
    • Farmer
    • The Capsicum Factory
« Reply #539 on: January 27, 2014, 08:41:14 PM »
the climate here is totally crazy !
if any of you follow agri news, then there is a major fungal attack in Nasik, grapes are severely infected. my capsicum plants too were a victim of this attack.

in early morning, there is dew, then as the sun goes up, it gets very bright, the sunlight is very harsh, the temperature inside the PH is low (upto 35 degrees Celsius) but the sun is very very bright. then evening its rainy like (actually did rain couple of days back)
so the plants are confused, they dont know whats going on. plus the fungal attack had left its share of damage.
attaching some pictures of two zones (infected,trimmed and health) in the same PH.

Vivek